When creating your CPD records, please be aware that the records need to be more than a list containing the date, title of activity, description and length of time accounted for.
To help you improve your CPD record keeping, to meet ifl requirements, I have listed below the main features that REfLECT asks you to record within its CPD record assets.
The subheadings below (in bold) are the type of asset you might record. The bullet points are the headings that you should be keeping records of.
- Reasons for undertaking the activity
- Knowledge / skills gained
- What was the impact of the activity?
- Reflection on activity
- Outcomes – You are asked to describe what was decided and what outcomes resulted or what actions were set. Or you can add links to meeting notes.
- Supporting resources - to help you achieve the outcomes set: books, journals, web links, people, training courses, electronic resources.
Ability or Achievement
- Activities – List the activities which formed part of the role.
Here’s a link to the fullIFL CPD guidelines
The ILT trainers will be running sessions on REfLECT throughout the year. The next one is on Thursday 27th November
What else are we doing to help?
-The ILT Trainers are listing the Learning Outcomes for each session they deliver (on the information page when you book a session - Training Area of Intranet). You can copy and paste these into your CPD record (and edit them if you need to) to save you time.
Please comment below if you have found this useful.......